Quinoa Salad With Maple Dressing
Note: This gluten-free recipe was created by celebrity chef Robert Irvine. It's a hearty, healthy side dish, perfect for a holiday meal.
Prep Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 1 cup dried cranberries, soaked in water
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 4 cups fresh kale, chopped
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 small fennel bulb, shaved
- ½ cup red onion, diced small
- ½ cup beets, cooked and diced
- To prepare the dressing: Heat a small pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil. Add the garlic and sauté gently until light golden brown. Remove from heat immediately and pour into a mixing bowl. Add lemon juice, mustard, maple syrup, and ¼ cup of grapeseed oil. Whisk well.
- In a large bowl, toss all remaining ingredients.
- Add dressing to salad and serve.
Servings: 8 servings
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2017 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com