Mediterranean Pasta Soup
Prep and cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1½ cups water
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup uncooked ditalini pasta (short tube-shaped macaroni)
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil in large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add water and next 6 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook additional 10 minutes, or until pasta is tender but not overcooked.
- Stir in parsley. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2017 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com