Tuna and Veggie Salad Wraps
Prep time: 10–15 minutes
Recipe makes: 4 wraps (2 servings)
What you need:
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 5-oz. cans of light, unsalted, water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 small carrot
- 2 tbs. red onion
- 1/3 c. raw broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 large celery stalk
- 4 large pieces of bendable lettuce (butter lettuce, romaine, etc.)
Equipment and supplies:
- Knife and cutting board
- Large bowl for mixing
- Plastic wrap or foil, if needed for lunchbox wrapping
What to do:
- Finely chop the carrot, red onion, broccoli, and celery stalk.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, and pepper. Add tuna, carrot, red onion, broccoli, and celery and toss to combine.
- Lay out lettuce leaves and distribute tuna mix evenly on each of the lettuce leaves.
- Serve the wraps.
For lunchboxes, pack the tuna separately from the lettuce and assemble the wraps when you are ready to eat. Or pre-make the wraps and tightly wrap each in a piece of plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep it secure.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 320 calories
- 38g protein
- 15g fat
- 2.5g sat. fat
- 7g carbohydrate
- 2g fiber
- 45mg cholesterol
- 135mg sodium
- 4g sugars
Serving size: 2 wraps
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2023 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com