Prep time: 10 minutes
Recipe makes: 2 servings
What you need:
- 8-ounce can of salmon (packed in water, not oil)
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 scallion, ends removed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon diced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon fat-free plain Greek yogurt or low-fat/fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Equipment and Supplies:
- Knife and cutting board
- Medium mixing bowl
What to do:
- Combine vegetables in the mixing bowl.
- Drain salmon. Add to mixing bowl.
- Add rest of the ingredients to the mixing bowl, and stir well to combine.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 140 calories
- 23g protein
- 3g fat
- 0g sat. fat
- 4g carbohydrate
- 1g fiber
- 40mg cholesterol
- 220mg sodium
- 2g sugars
Serving size:3/4 cup
Tip: This recipe is tasty on its own, but it's also great served over a bed of lettuce.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com