Tomato and Cheese Omelet
Note: This recipe is for people following a vegetarian (meat-free) diet. However, this recipe may include ingredients such as dairy or other animal-based products that may not fit in with vegan or some other vegetarian diets.
Prep time: 10 minutes
What you need:
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. skim milk
- 1 tbsp. onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. red tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp. cheddar cheese
What to do:
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat the skillet on low heat.
- Whisk eggs and milk until they start to foam, approximately 3 minutes.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and cover the pan.
- Cook over medium-low heat for about 4 minutes, until bottom is golden brown and top is set.
- Sprinkle cheese, onions, and tomato over the top.
- Fold omelet in half with a spatula.
- Cook for about 1 more minute.
- Remove from skillet and serve.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 195 calories
- 16g protein
- 12g fat
- 5g sat. fat
- 4g carbohydrate
- 0g fiber
- 433mg cholesterol
- 187mg sodium
- 140mg calcium
- 1.6mg iron
Serving size: 1 omelet
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Try a variety of ingredients in the omelet. Serve with a slice of toast.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com