24/7 referral, consult, admission and neonatal transport assistance.
The Children’s Minnesota Aerodigestive clinic brings together a collaborative team involving otolaryngology, pulmonology, gastroenterology, speech and swallowing therapy and other partners with standardized approaches to complex aerodigestive problems.
- Coordinated: Patients visit one location, and are seen by all specialists in one appointment. This reduces diagnostic and care time by 75% and means less travel and fewer sedated procedures.
- Clinical Collaboration: A multi-disciplinary team works together, along with the referring clinician, to complete a comprehensive evaluation and create a unique treatment plan for each child. This means more effective, efficient and safer care.
- Family Centered: Caregivers are an important part of a child’s care and an integral part of our team. We empower them with knowledge and transparency, so we can work together in the best interest of their child.
- Airway obstruction
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- Caustic ingestion with stricture
- Chronic aspiration
- Chronic cough
- Craniofacial syndromes
- Cricopharyngeal dysfunction
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Esophageal web or stricture
- Glottic stenosis
- Hypoplastic lung
- Interstitial lung disease
- Laryngeal cleft
- Laryngeal web
- Primary ciliary dyskinesia
- Recurrent croup
- Recurrent pneumonia/respiratory infections
- Subglottic stenosis
- Tracheal stenosis/complete tracheal rings
- Vocal cord paralysis
- Michelle Kennedy, MD
- Kaitlin McDaniel, MS, CCC-SLP
- Daniela Zgherea, MD
- Abbey Gadbois, APRN, CNP, Team Coordinator
- Siva Chinnadurai, MD, MPH, Medical Director