Abbott reports none of their liquid formulas, metabolic deficiency nutrition formulas or any other of the company’s nutrition powders and brands are impacted. The U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) is aware of this recall.
At Children’s Minnesota, our top priority is the health and safety of our patients, families and staff, and we want to make sure parents are aware of the recall and have the resources to address any concerns.
Resources for parents
- A website has been set up for caregivers to learn if their powder formula is part of the recall, you can review the site here.
- Concerned parents can review a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Abbott powder formula recall here.
- Caregivers in the U.S. can call 1-800-986-8540 to get more information, please be sure to follow the instructions.
Check your formula container
If you have purchased Similac®, Alimentum®, or EleCare®, check the multidigit number at the bottom of the container.
As pictured above, the powder formula under recall has the following numbers and letter combinations:
- Start with the first two digits 22 through 37.
- Contains K8, SH, or Z2.
- Containers have an expiration date of April 1, 2022, or later.
Click here to confirm if your powder formula is part of the recall, just type in the code on the bottom of the container.