Pleasing Pita Pocket
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Recipe makes: 1 pita pocket (1 serving)
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1 whole-wheat pita bread, small size (or half of a regular-size pita)
- ¼ cup shredded Romaine lettuce or mixed greens
- 1 small fresh tomato, chopped up
- ¼ cup sliced fresh cucumber
Equipment and supplies:
- Knife and cutting board for chopping
- Using a knife, open up the pita and spread the hummus inside the pita pocket, then add the lettuce, tomato, and cucumber. Serve as soon as possible, so the pita bread doesn't soften.
Tip: If you're taking this as a packed lunch, keep the ingredients separate and put everything into the pita just before you eat it.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com