Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for teens with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This easy side dish tastes great when served with turkey, chicken, or beef.
Prep time: 5 minutes
What you need:
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup mashed potato flakes
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
What to do:
- Combine water, heavy cream, salt, and butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high setting for approximately 2 minutes. (All microwaves vary and heating times may need to be adjusted.)
- Remove from microwave.
- Stir in potato flakes to moisten.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 477 calories
- 2g protein
- 42g fat
- 460mg sodium
- 33mg calcium
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
You can add cheese or gravy to the recipe for even more calories.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com