Veggie Tortilla Lasagna
Note: This recipe is for people following a vegetarian (meat-free) diet. However, this recipe may include ingredients such as dairy or other animal-based products that may not fit in with vegan or some other vegetarian diets.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half and sliced
- 3/4 c. frozen corn, thawed
- 7-oz. jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1/3 c. ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 c. grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 c. salsa, drained of juice in a colander
- 6 6-in. corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit (260 degrees Celsius).
- Add vegetable oil to large pan and heat, adding zucchini, corn, and peppers.
- In bowl, mix cheeses.
- Trim sides of tortillas to fit a loaf pan. Layer tortillas, veggies, cheeses, and salsa.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Serving size: 1 slice
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
14 g protein
13 g fat
32 g carbohydrate
52 g fiber
32 mg cholesterol
570 mg sodium
335 mg calcium
3 mg iron
Updated and reviewed by: Steven Dowshen, MD
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2019 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com