Note: This recipe is especially for teens with diabetes, but can be a nutritious part of almost anyone's diet.
Prep time: 10 minutes
What you need:
- 1 bag of light microwave popcorn
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
Equipment and supplies:
- Measuring spoons
- 1 large bowl
What to do:
- Cook the popcorn according to the package directions.
- Carefully open the popcorn bag when popping is done.
- Add all of the spices to the bag.
- Roll the top of the bag closed and shake for 30 seconds.
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 60 calories
- 2g protein
- 1g fat
- 0g sat. fat
- 11g carbohydrate
- 2g fiber
- 0mg cholesterol
- 80mg sodium
- 0g sugars
Serving size: 1-1/2 cups
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2019 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com