Turkey Tenderloin With Vegetables
Prep time: 40 minutes
What you need:
- boneless and skinless turkey breast tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
Sauce and vegetables:
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow squash, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
Equipment and supplies:
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoon
- Broiler pan
- 3-quart saucepan
- Meat thermometer
- Small bowl
What to do:
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine black pepper and garlic in a small bowl and rub mixture on both sides of turkey.
- Place turkey on broiler pan and broil for 5 minutes. Turn and broil for another 5 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 185°F (85°C). Juices should run clear and the turkey should not be pink in the center.
- While turkey is cooking, combine chicken broth, cornstarch, oregano, onion powder, and Parmesan cheese in saucepan, and mix well.
- Stir in tomatoes, zucchini, squash, and onions.
- Cook and stir vegetables over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Cook and stir 2 minutes more after mixture begins to thicken.
- When the turkey is done cooking, place the vegetables on top of it to serve.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 160 calories
- 30g protein
- 2.5g fat
- 0g sat. fat
- 8g carbohydrate
- 2g fiber
- 45mg cholesterol
- 100mg sodium
- 3g sugars
Serving size: 1/4 of the recipe
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2022 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com