Raspberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
Note: This recipe is especially for teens who must avoid gluten, a type of protein found in many foods.
Prep time: 45 minutes
What you need:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 24 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups raspberries
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to blend the sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla.
- Add eggs to cream cheese mixture one at a time and blend after adding each egg.
- Line 24-cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Fill cupcake liners ¾ of the way full with cream cheese batter.
- Divide raspberries evenly between the 24 cupcakes and sprinkle on top of each cupcake.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. A well will form in the middle of each cupcake.
- Turn the oven to 450°F (232°C).
- In a small bowl, blend together topping ingredients. Using a small spoon, drop topping into the center of each cupcake.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Keep refrigerated.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 157 calories
- 5g protein
- 8g fat
- 5g sat. fat
- 17g carbohydrate
- 0.5g fiber
- 58mg cholesterol
- 171mg sodium
- 57mg calcium
- 0.5mg iron
Serving size: 1 cupcake
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
These cupcakes freeze well. You can use other berries, such as strawberries or blueberries.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com