Baked Apples and Ice Cream
Note: This recipe is suitable for those following a vegetarian (meat-free) diet. However, it may include ingredients such as dairy or other animal-based products that may not fit in with vegan or some other vegetarian diets.
Here's a sneaky way to increase your daily intake of fruit!
Prep time: 20 minutes
What you need:
- 1 apple, cored
- 2 tbsp. raisins
- 1/2 c. light vanilla ice cream
- pinch of cinnamon
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Take a cored apple and cut it in half.
- Sprinkle raisins over the apple.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and put a pinch of cinnamon over each apple half.
- Place the ice cream over the apple halves.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 236 calories
- 4g protein
- 4g fat
- 2g sat. fat
- 50g carbohydrate
- 4g fiber
- 20mg cholesterol
- 52mg sodium
- 99mg calcium
- 1mg iron
Serving size: 1 apple with 1/2 cup ice cream
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Use a variety of dried fruit. Sprinkle chopped nuts over the ice cream.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com