Job shadowing opportunities at Children’s
Children’s Minnesota offers several programs for individuals (non-employees) interested in exploring healthcare fields.
Observing physicians is currently unavailable until after 3/01/2018. Please apply in March, 2018 for potential opportunities beginning in April. Thank you.
The Observer Program provides individual opportunities to observe Children’s staff, learn more about their field, and explore possible careers. This experience is entirely hands-off and is supervised by a professional.
Observer eligibility requirements
To be eligible to observe, you need to:
- Be a minimum of 16 years old
- Submit documentation of immunization records: vaccines required include chickenpox/varicella, MMR, Tdap, negative Mantoux (tuberculosis) within the past 12 months, flu (if during flu season)
Email/scan immunization records to: [email protected]
Interested in Child Life?
Children’s offers Child Life Informational Sessions several times a year. This is an opportunity to learn from and connect with a Certified Child Life Specialist.
Sessions for 2018 are:
- Tuesday January 16th, 12:00 – 1:00pm in Minneapolis
- Tuesday April 17th 3:00 – 4:00pm in St. Paul
- Tuesday June 19th 12:00 – 1:00pm in Minneapolis
- Tuesday August 21st 3:00 – 4:00pm in St. Paul
Register for upcoming sessions
Registration opens 30 days prior to each session. Click here to register for a session. You will receive further information before the session. Please email [email protected] if you have further questions about these sessions.