This exercise helps you loosen and cough up mucus more effectively.
- Sit in a supportive chair with your feet firmly on the floor.
- Raise your arms over your head as you take a deep breath in.
- Hold your breath in this position briefly.
- Quickly and forcefully bend forward from the hips and try to cough several times in a row.
- Repeat if needed to get all the mucus out.
This sheet is not specific to your child, but provides general information. If you have any questions, please call the doctor or physical therapist.
Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
2525 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Reviewed 6/2015 © Copyright
This page is not specific to your child, but provides general information on the topic above. If you have any questions, please call your clinic. For more reading material about this and other health topics, please call or visit Children's Minnesota Family Resource Center library, or visit www.childrensmn.org/educationmaterials.
© 2023 Children's Minnesota