Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
What you need:
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup pimento-stuffed Spanish olives
- 1 piece of whole-wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 (4 oz. each) salmon fillets
Equipment and supplies:
- Baking sheet or roasting pan
- Food processor
What to do:
- Put oven on broiler setting.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place oven rack 6 inches from broiler flame. (Get a grownup's help with this.)
- Place olives, bread, and lemon zest into a food processor and process until it reaches a paste texture. (Again, get an adult's help.)
- Pat salmon dry and spread a heaping tablespoon of olive mixture over each piece.
- Broil fish about 15 minutes, checking halfway through to ensure it's not burning.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 180 calories
- 23g protein
- 8g fat
- 1g sat. fat
- 3g carbohydrate
- 1g fiber
- 60mg cholesterol
- 190mg sodium
- 0g sugars
Serving size: 1 Filet
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2019 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com