Tortilla Bowl Deluxe
Note: Braeden Mannering of Delaware was invited to the White House because he won a national healthy recipe contest for creating this dairy-free recipe. (If you try this recipe, get a grownup's help because it requires using a knife.)
Prep time: 10 minutes
What you need:
- 1 medium (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast, grilled or cooked as desired, and cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup diced avocado
- ¼ cup diced orange bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- ¼ cup lactose-free shredded Monterey Jack cheese (can substitute regular cheese if you have no dietary restrictions)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 corn tortilla bowl
Equipment and supplies:
- Medium bowl
What to do:
- In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken, avocado, bell pepper, tomato, and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop into the tortilla bowl and serve immediately.
How much does this recipe make? 1 tortilla bowl
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2017 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com