Baked Creamy Chicken
Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs. Get a grownup's help because it requires using the oven.
This creamy chicken dish is a quick and easy meal to make on busy weeknights.
Prep time: 1 hour
What you need:
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 1-ounce slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/2 cup stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- Arrange chicken in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Top each piece of chicken with cheese slices.
- In a separate bowl, combine soup and chicken broth. Mix well. (Freeze the remainder of the soup for later use.)
- Pour the soup mixture over the chicken.
- In a separate bowl, mix stuffing crumbs and butter together. Put bread crumbs on top of chicken.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Be sure that chicken is no longer pink inside.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 539 calories
- 51g protein
- 25g fat
- 953mg sodium
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Serve with your favorite rice or pasta dish.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com