Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs. Get a grownup's help because it requires using the oven.
You can make this yummy dessert now and freeze the leftovers to eat later.
Prep time: 50 minutes
What you need:
- 1 egg
- 1 box pudding-style yellow cake mix
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5-1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- Mix together all the ingredients listed to make the bottom layer and spread in a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Use hand mixer to whip together the remaining ingredients to make the middle layer. Whip until fluffy and spread over cake mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 464 calories
- 5g protein
- 16g fat
- 410mg sodium
- 76mg calcium
Serving size: 3-1/2-inch x 2-1/2-inch square
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com