Creamy Chicken Fettuccine
Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to help meet their nutritional needs. Get a grownup's help because it requires using the stove.
This high-calorie, high-protein meal is quick and easy to make.
Prep time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (10.75 ounces) can broccoli cheese soup
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 ounces cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 6 ounces cooked fettuccine
- 1-1/2 cup steamed broccoli
- In a hot skillet, melt butter and sauté garlic for 2 minutes over medium-low heat. Stir constantly to avoid burning the garlic.
- Stir in soup, heavy whipping cream, whole milk, and Parmesan cheese.
- Heat sauce mixture until it boils.
- Add cooked chicken to sauce mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Toss with fettuccine and steamed broccoli.
Serving size: 2-1/2 to 3 cups
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 730 calories
- 50 g protein
- 30 g fat
- 203 mg calcium
- 1096 mg sodium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com