Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs. Get a grownup's help because it requires using the oven.
This delicious meal is loaded with calories, protein, and sodium.
Prep time: 40 minutes
What you need:
- vegetable oil or nonstick cooking spray
- 1 can (10.75-ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (15-ounce) enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Grease a 1.5-quart casserole dish with cooking spray or small amount of vegetable oil.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 790 calories
- 67g protein
- 38g fat
- 3440mg sodium
- 457mg calcium
Serving size: 2 cups
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Serve with rice and sour cream.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2021 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com