Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This recipe is a high-calorie, calcium-dense twist on a tasty favorite.
Prep time: 30 minutes
What you need:
- 1 4.9-ounce box of scalloped potato mix
- 1-2/3 cup (13.3 ounces) boiling water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
What to do:
- Heat oven to 450ºF (232ºC).
- In an ungreased 1-1/2-quart casserole dish, combine potatoes and sauce mix, water, heavy cream, butter, and cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until top is light golden brown and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven. Sauce will thicken as it stands.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 428 calories
- 9g protein
- 33g fat
- 700mg sodium
- 215mg calcium
Serving size: 2/3 cup
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com