Fabulous French Toast
Prep time: about 15 minutes
What you need:
- 1 egg
- ¼ c. milk
- dash of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. margarine
- 2 pieces of bread
- medium-size bowl
- mixing spoon
- frying pan
- stove (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- serving plate
- measuring cups and spoons
What to do:
- Crack the egg into a medium-size bowl and beat well. Then mix in the milk and vanilla extract.
- Put the margarine in a frying pan. Heat the pan on the stovetop on medium heat. It's hot enough when the margarine starts to bubble.
- Dunk each piece of bread in the egg mixture. Make sure the bread is totally covered.
- Cook the bread in the frying pan on low heat until the underside is light brown (about 5 minutes).
- Use a spatula to flip the bread over, and cook again for another 5 minutes.
- Use the spatula to transfer the French toast to a plate.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 162 calories
- 6g protein
- 9g fat
- 1g sat. fat
- 13g carbohydrate
- 0g fiber
- 107mg cholesterol
- 218mg sodium
Serving size: 1 slice
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Eat your French toast with powdered sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup, jelly, or fruit on top.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2020 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com