Perfect Pineapple Pops
Prep time: about 1-2 hours
- 2 c. plain yogurt
- ½ c. canned crushed pineapple (packed in its own juice instead of packed in syrup)
- 1 can frozen pineapple or orange-pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- medium-sized bowl
- mixing spoon
- small paper cups
- plastic wrap
- wooden popsicle sticks (available at craft stores)
- measuring cups
- Drain the can of crushed pineapple so all the juice runs out.
- Put all the ingredients in the bowl and mix together.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cups. Fill them almost to the top.
- Stretch a small piece of plastic wrap across the top of each cup.
- Using the popsicle stick, poke a hole in the plastic wrap. Stand the stick straight up in the center of the cup.
- Put the cups in the freezer until the mixture is frozen solid.
- Remove the plastic wrap and peel away the paper cup. You'll have pineapple pops to eat and share!
Serving size: 1 pop
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
4 g protein
1 g fat
36 g carbohydrate
0 g fiber
5 mg cholesterol
62 mg sodium
136 mg calcium
0.1 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
If you like, you can make this recipe using plastic popsicle molds instead of the paper cups and popsicle sticks.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com