Prep time: about 15 minutes
What you need:
- 1 standard-sized bagel, cut in half
- tomato sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- toppings like diced green pepper, chopped onion, or chopped tomato (whatever you like)
- seasonings like oregano, basil, and pepper
- oven (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- knife (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- baking sheet
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Spread tomato sauce on each bagel half.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese all over the tomato sauce on each half.
- Add your favorite toppings.
- Put a light sprinkling of seasonings on each half.
- Put your bagel halves on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven on low heat for about 5 to 8 minutes. You'll know they're done when the cheese is bubbly.
- Let cool for a minute, then enjoy your tiny pizzas!
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 210 calories
- 9g protein
- 4g fat
- 34g carbohydrate
- 2g fiber
- 11mg cholesterol
- 633mg sodium
Serving size: 2 tiny pizzas
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2019 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com