Prep time: 10 minutes
What you need:
- 2 small red apples
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 pinches of cinnamon
- knife (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- blender or food processor
- measuring spoons
- serving bowls
What to do:
- Peel the apples and cut them into small pieces. Throw out the core.
- Put the apple pieces and lemon juice into the blender or food processor. Blend until the mixture is very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into two small bowls and stir in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Enjoy your awesome applesauce!
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 84 calories
- 0g protein
- 0g fat
- 22g carbohydrate
- 2g fiber
- 0mg cholesterol
- 3mg sodium
- 14mg calcium
- 0.3mg iron
Serving size: 1 bowl (half the recipe)
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2021 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com