Incredible Edible Veggie Bowls
Prep time: about 10 minutes
What you need:
- 1 green, yellow, or red pepper, washed
- 1 bunch of celery, washed
- 1 carrot, washed and peeled
- your favorite salad dressing
- knife (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- cutting board
What to do:
- Cut the pepper in half (from side to side). Clean out the seeds and gunk from the inside. Now you have two pieces. One will be your pepper-shaped bowl.
- Cut the other half of the pepper into skinny slices.
- Cut the carrot into skinny sticks about 4" long.
- Cut celery into skinny sticks so each one is about 4" long.
- Put a little salad dressing in the bottom of your pepper bowl.
- Put celery sticks, carrot sticks, and pepper slices into the pepper bowl.
- Now you've got a portable veggie treat! You can pull out the veggies and eat them with a little dressing. Then when you're finished with the veggies, it's time to eat the bowl!
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 93 calories
- 3g protein
- 1g fat
- 22g carbohydrate
- 4g fiber
- 0mg cholesterol
- 98mg sodium
Serving size: 1 veggie bowl
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2021 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com