Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
Tastier than a mud pie and packed with calcium and calories, this fun snack is an easy-to-make treat.
Prep time: 15 minutes
What you need:
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4.5 ounces package of vanilla instant pudding
- 3/4 cup dry milk powder
- 8 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 4 gummy worms
- mixing bowls
- wire whisk
- mixing spoon
- 4 clear 6-ounce cups
What to do:
- Stir together milk and heavy cream.
- With wire whisk, beat pudding mix and dry milk powder into milk and cream mixture for 2 minutes.
- Stir in crushed Oreo cookies.
- Immediately pour pudding into clear cups.
- Put pudding into the refrigerator. Pudding will be soft-set and ready to eat within 5 minutes.
- Serve with a gummy worm on top.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 549 calories
- 11g protein
- 27g fat
- 358mg calcium
- 433mg sodium
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2021 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com