Tropical Ball of Cheese
This recipe is especially for kids who must avoid gluten, a type of protein found in many foods.
Prep time: 30 minutes
What you need:
- 8-ounce package of light cream cheese, softened
- 4-ounce container of light tropical fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- knife (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
What to do:
- Cut tropical fruit into smaller pieces.
- Combine softened cream cheese, fruit, and ½ cup walnuts.
- Chill well in refrigerator.
- Mold into a ball and roll cheese in remaining ½ cup of nuts.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 122 calories
- 4g protein
- 11g fat
- 3g sat. fat
- 4g carbohydrate
- 1g fiber
- 12mg cholesterol
- 87mg sodium
- 38mg calcium
- 0.5mg iron
Serving size: 1/4 cup
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Serve with carrots, celery, and/or gluten-free crackers. You can cut calories even more by using fat-free cream cheese.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2019 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com