Peanut Butter Bars
Note: This recipe is for anyone following a vegetarian (meat-free) diet.
This is a delicious dessert. Bring it to your next school event!
Prep time: 30 minutes
- ¼ c. margarine
- 1 10-oz. package marshmallows (gelatin-free)
- 6 c. puffed rice cereal
- ½ c. peanut butter chips
- ½ c. chocolate chips
- ½ c. peanuts, chopped
- knife (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- measuring cups
- stove (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- Coat pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt margarine and marshmallows over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Stir until well coated.
- Press mixture into pan.
- Chill in refrigerator and cut into 2 x 1.5 inch bars.
Serving size: one 2 x 1.5 inch bar
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
2 g protein
4 g fat
2 g sat. fat
14 g carbohydrate
1 mg cholesterol
80 mg sodium
11 mg calcium
0.3 mg iron
0 g fiber
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
The leftovers should be stored in an airtight container.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com