Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
Note: This recipe is for anyone following a vegetarian (meat-free) diet.
This is a great sandwich for your lunchbox. It tastes even better with a glass of milk or soy milk.
Prep time: 5 minutes
What you need:
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1/4 banana, sliced
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. cereal (natural wheat and barley cereal flakes)
- knife (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
- measuring spoons
What to do:
- Spread peanut butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Spread banana pieces on the peanut butter on one slice of bread.
- On the other slice of bread, sprinkle cereal so that it sticks to the peanut butter and covers the bread.
- Place the slices together and serve.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 357 calories
- 14g protein
- 19g fat
- 4g sat. fat
- 40g carbohydrate
- 7g fiber
- 0mg cholesterol
- 437mg sodium
- 50mg calcium
- 3.7mg iron
Serving size: 1 sandwich
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
If you don't like bananas, try slices of apple instead.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2020 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com