Prep time: 35 minutes
What you need:
- 2 lbs. potatoes, peeled
- 6 roasted garlic cloves (made ahead of time)
- 1/4 c. nonfat milk
- 1/3 c. of light sour cream
- Pinch of rosemary (dried or fresh)
What to do:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and then add the peeled potatoes. Cook until tender (about 15 minutes).
- Drain the potatoes and place them back in the pot.
- Peel garlic and add to the pot with the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes and garlic with a potato masher or electric mixer on low.
- Add milk, sour cream, and rosemary.
- Beat the mixture until light and fluffy, and serve.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 250 calories
- 7g protein
- 2g fat
- 1g sat. fat
- 52g carbohydrate
- 3g fiber
- 5mg cholesterol
- 30mg sodium
- 6g sugars
Serving size: 1 cup
This recipe has important nutrients for mom and baby, including:
Vitamin C plays an important role in tissue growth and repair and bone and tooth development. Vitamin C also helps the body absorb iron. Good sources of vitamin C include citrus fruits, broccoli, tomatoes, and fortified fruit juices.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2021 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com