Note: This simple and healthy snack is designed especially for kids to make on their own.
Whether you're going for a long walk or just playing with friends, this easy and hearty snack is a great one to eat at home or pack for the road!
What you need:
- 1 c. unsweetened cereal of your choice
- 2 tbsp. (or one miniature box) raisins
- 2 tbsp. dry roasted unsalted peanuts* (or other favorite nut)
*If allergic to peanuts or nuts, try sunflower seeds without the shell instead.
- 1 tbsp. measuring spoon
- 1-cup measuring cup
- 1 sandwich-size ziplock bag
What mom or dad can do in advance:
- Get out measuring cup, spoon, and ziplock bag
What to do:
- Pour cereal into ziplock bag.
- Add raisins and peanuts, other nuts, or seeds.
- Zip the bag closed and shake, shake, shake until well mixed.
- Munch and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 318 calories
- 11g protein
- 16g fat
- 39g carbohydrates
- 6g fiber
- 217mg sodium
- 144mg calcium
- 11mg iron
Serving size: 1 baggie
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com