Frozen Yogurt Pops
Note: This simple and healthy snack is designed especially for kids to make on their own.
Prep time: about 1 to 2 hours
- 1 8-oz. container of your favorite flavor of yogurt
- popsicle sticks
- small paper cups
- plastic wrap
- Pour yogurt into paper cups. Fill them almost to the top.
- Stretch a small piece of plastic wrap across the top of each cup.
- Using a popsicle stick, poke a hole in the plastic wrap. Stand the stick straight up in the center of the cup.
- Put the cups in the freezer until the yogurt is frozen solid.
- Remove the plastic wrap, peel away the paper cup, and eat your pop!
Serves: 3 to 4
Serving size: 1 pop
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
5 g protein
2 g fat
21 g carbohydrate
0 g fiber
7 mg cholesterol
73 mg sodium
262 mg calcium
0 mg iron
Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
If you like, you can make this recipe using plastic ice-pop molds instead of the paper cups and popsicle sticks.
For a cool-looking snack, fill your cups only halfway with one flavor of yogurt in Step 1. Follow Steps 2, 3, and 4. Remove your pops from the freezer, take off the plastic wrap, and spoon in another flavor of yogurt that's a different color. Put the plastic wrap back on and freeze once more. When your pops are frozen, you'll have two-colored treats!
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2023 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com