Scrumptious Spinach Pie
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40–45 minutes
What you need:
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen spinach (if frozen, thaw and drain well)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (9-inch) deep dish frozen pie shell
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, egg whites, skim milk, mozzarella, spinach, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into pie shell and bake for 40–45 minutes or until pie is set and crust is golden brown.
- Slice and serve hot, at room temperature, or even cold.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 240 calories
- 10g protein
- 15g fat
- 4g sat. fat
- 16g carbohydrate
- 0g fiber
- 115mg cholesterol
- 660mg sodium
- 2g sugars
Serving size: 1 slice (110 g)
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Suggestion: Substitute canned, drained artichokes for the spinach to make an artichoke quiche.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2021 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com