Sweet Potato & Zucchini Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
What you need:
- 1 large zucchini, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
What to do:
- Mix zucchini, sweet potato, eggs, salt, pepper, and flour. Mix until well combined.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Using a soup ladle, drop about 1/4 cup of mixture into skillet and cook each cake about until golden brown, about 2–3 minutes on each side. Serve as is or with applesauce.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 110 calories
- 3g protein
- 6g fat
- 1g sat. fat
- 10g carbohydrate
- 1g fiber
- 70mg cholesterol
- 220mg sodium
- 2g sugars
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Suggestion: Use shredded carrot instead of shredded sweet potato.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com