Five-Spice Chicken Salad Wrap
Prep time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
What you need:
- 1 large bone-in chicken breast, skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 scallion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- 8-inch whole-wheat wrap
What to do:
Cooking the chicken:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Line baking sheet or roasting pan with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray and place chicken on top.
- Spray chicken with cooking spray and season with salt substitute and black pepper. Roast for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool completely before pulling meat off of the bone and dicing. Chicken can be cooked a day or two in advance and kept refrigerated.
Making the salad:
- Finely chop scallion and celery.
- In a large bowl, combine the pre-made chicken, scallion, celery, five-spice powder, pepper, and mayonnaise. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto wrap and place lettuce on top. Roll up, cut in half, and serve with some crispy fresh veggies.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 160 calories
- 17g protein
- 2.5g fat
- 0g sat. fat
- 18g carbohydrate
- 4g fiber
- 35mg cholesterol
- 120mg sodium
- 2g sugars
Serving size: 1 wrap
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Tip: For packed lunches, keep the filling and wrap separate and combine just before eating to keep the wrap from getting soggy.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com