Apple & Berry Granola Crisp
Want a dessert with more nutrition and fewer calories? Celebrity chef Robert Irvine created this fruit crisp loaded with holiday flavor.
Prep Time: 90 minutes
- 4 cups green apple, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups fresh berries of your choice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup quick oats
- ¼ cup wheat flour
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 cup low-fat granola
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Spray a 9-inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix the fruit and cornstarch and place in the casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, ground flaxseed, and spices.
- In another bowl, combine the egg white, oil, vanilla, honey, and apple juice. Combine this mixture with the dry ingredients. Add granola. Stir well.
- Sprinkle granola mixture over fruit. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for another 15-20 minutes until topping is golden brown and crisp.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2021 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com