Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids and teens with cystic fibrosis (CF), who may need additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This delicious meal is loaded with calories, protein, and sodium.
Prep time: 40 minutes
- vegetable oil or nonstick cooking spray
- 1 can (10.75-ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (15-ounce) enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Grease a 1.5-quart casserole dish with cooking spray or small amount of vegetable oil.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Serving size: 2 cups
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 790 calories
- 67 g protein
- 38 g fat
- 3440 mg sodium
- 457 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Serve with rice and sour cream.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com