Prep time: about 25 minutes
What you need:
- 1 12" pizza base (a large Boboli shell is excellent)
- 1 14-oz. can chopped tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves, sliced finely
- 2 or 3 pieces of prosciutto or Parma ham, sliced very thinly (you can find it at the deli counter)
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius).
- Place the pizza base on a baking sheet and spread it with a layer of tomato.
- Sprinkle the basil over the tomato.
- Tear the prosciutto or Parma ham into small pieces and lay the pieces over the pizza. Sprinkle the pizza with the feta cheese.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the pizza.
- Cook in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cheese browns and bubbles.
- Cut into 8 slices, share, and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 484 calories
- 24g protein
- 19g fat
- 58g carbohydrate
- 0g fiber
- 38mg cholesterol
- 1765mg sodium
- 350mg calcium
- 2.1mg iron
Serving size: 2 slices
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Experiment with other toppings on your pizza: olives, peppers, broccoli, avocado, and whatever else you like!
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2019 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com