Prep time: about 10 minutes
- 1 c. water
- ½ c. rolled oats
- dash of salt
- ¼ c. applesauce
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- Pour the water, oats, and salt into a medium-size pot on the stovetop.
- Heat the mixture until it boils, then turn the heat to low.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the applesauce and cinnamon.
- Cook on low heat and continue to stir the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Pour the oatmeal into a bowl and sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Allow the oatmeal to cool for a minute before digging in.
Serving size: 1 bowl
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
13 g protein
6 g fat
74 g carbohydrate
9 g fiber
0 mg cholesterol
302 mg sodium
64 mg calcium
4.3 mg iron
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com