Peanut Butter Muffins
Prep time: 35 minutes
What you need:
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1/4 c. banana (about 1 banana), mashed with a fork
- 1/4 c. peanut butter
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed (left out of the freezer until it's soft)
- 1/4 c. nonfat dry milk
- 2-1/4 c. flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- nonstick spray
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and use a fork to beat them a little bit.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, mashed banana, peanut butter, vegetable oil, apple juice, dry milk, and the eggs from the small bowl. Mix with a mixing spoon until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda into the large bowl. Mix again.
- Line a muffin tine with paper liners or lightly spray with nonstick spray. Spoon in the muffin mix. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- When your muffins are finished baking, remove from muffin tin and cool them on a wire rack. Then it's time to taste and share!
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 214 calories
- 6g protein
- 10g fat
- 25g carbohydrate
- 1g fiber
- 36mg cholesterol
- 223mg sodium
- 81mg calcium
- 1.3mg iron
Serving size: 1 muffin
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2021 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com