Note: This high-calorie recipe is especially for kids with cystic fibrosis (CF), who need to consume additional calories to meet their nutritional needs.
This dish is loaded with calories and fat, so make sure your child takes his or her enzymes if pancreatic insufficient.
Prep time: 45 minutes
- 4 6-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 oz. mozzarella
- 1½ c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- 2/3 c. parmesan cheese
- ½ c. seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ c. vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- Dip chicken in egg. Then dip chicken in the seasoned breadcrumbs and coat evenly.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat and brown chicken until it is no longer pink in the middle.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish and top each piece with 1½ oz. of mozzarella cheese.
- Mix together heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and parsley flakes; pour over the chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
61 g protein
46 g fat
794 mg sodium
620 mg calcium
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
Variations and suggestions:
Serve this with your favorite pasta dish. Don't forget to add some veggies to your meal!
Reviewed by: Allison Brinkley, RD, CNSC, LD/N
Date reviewed: July 2012
Note: All information is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses, and treatment, consult your doctor.
© 1995-2018 KidsHealth ® All rights reserved. Images provided by iStock, Getty Images, Corbis, Veer, Science Photo Library, Science Source Images, Shutterstock, and Clipart.com