Multidisciplinary epilepsy care team
Our Level 4 epilepsy center team includes a full range of pediatric experts:
- Pediatric epileptologists are physicians who specialize in treating epilepsy and seizures..
- Pediatric neurosurgeons have completed a residency in neurosurgery, along with additional fellowship training in brain and spine surgeries for children.
- Pediatric neuropsychologists and psychologists hold a medical degree and/or a doctorate in psychology. They keep a pulse on kids’ learning and emotional health, conduct cognitive testing and help families make informed treatment decisions.
- Pediatric pharmacists are experts in the use of medications. They work with the health care team to choose the best drug and dosage for each patient. They also teach other health care professionals, patients and families about medication safety.
- Pediatric nurse practitioners and physician assistants are specially trained and licensed to examine, diagnose and treat patients alongside physicians. Registered nurses care for children with seizure disorders in the neuroscience center and at outpatient clinics.
- Pediatric nurses are experienced registered nurses who specialize in caring for babies and children on our epilepsy unit.
- Technologists operate the latest neuroimaging, surgical and EEG machines and equipment. They’re also present 24/7 in the epilepsy monitoring unit to ensure high-quality EEG and video recordings.