Four specialties, one special commitment
The physical medicine and rehabilitation team at Children’s Minnesota is known for its top-notch care. We come from four different fields: physiatry, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech-language pathology. Yet we share a single-minded commitment to making life better for kids and their families.
Who’s who in physical medicine and rehabilitation services
Here’s a quick look at who will work with your child:
- Physiatry specialists are nerve, muscle, and bone experts who treat injuries or illnesses that affect how you move. Learn more about the physiatry team at Children’s.
- Pediatric physical therapists evaluate and treat children who have problems with movement. They help kids work on issues such as correcting a walking problem, strengthening a weak arm or learning to use adaptive equipment. The Children’s team includes an expert team of physical therapists.
- Pediatric occupational therapists evaluate and treat children who have problems with the physical, and sensory skills needed for daily life. They help kids master tasks such as playing with toys, feeding, using a pencil or getting dressed. Meet the occupational therapists at Children’s.
- Pediatric speech-language pathologists evaluate and treat children who have problems with speech and communication. They also work with kids who have difficulty in feeding and swallowing. Meet the speech-language pathologists at Children’s.
If your child needs multiple services, we’ve got that covered. Our professionals work closely with each other as well as with other specialists and your pediatrician. If your child starts therapy while in the hospital, we’ve got good news on that front, too. You’ll be able to continue with the same great rehab team after your child goes home.
Get to know our team leaders
We look forward to meeting you and your child. When you’re visiting one of our six locations, stop by and say hi to our team leaders:
- Pamela Gigi Chawla, MD medical director of physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Paula Anderson, administrator of physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Kaylynn Leora Annis, APRN, CNP
- Jean Connor, Rehab Services Manager – Minneapolis
- Alicia Choinski, Rehab Services Manager – St. Paul
- Harifa Sait, Rehab Services Manager – Roseville and Woodbury
- Abby Miller, Rehab Services Manager – Minnetonka and Maple Grove
- Tanya Hilliard, APRN, CNP – Feeding Clinic