Ronald McDonald Family Room in St. Paul
Children’s Minnesota partners with Ronald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest, to provide the Ronald McDonald Family Room on the third floor of River Tower at our St. Paul hospital. Serving families with hospitalized children, the House offers parents a place to rest and regroup just steps away from their child.
Features of the Ronald McDonald Family Room include:
- Four private rooms each with its own bathroom, TV and phone
- Private nap and shower rooms for day use (1 p.m.- 3 p.m.)
- Home-cooked dinners weeknights (6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.) with brunch and/or dinner on Saturday and Sunday (11 a.m. – 12 p.m. and/ir 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.); all purchased, prepared and served by Cooks for Kids volunteers
- A well-stocked food pantry for a quick snack or meal
- A relaxing lounge with a TV, fireplace and reading materials
- Exercise equipment
- Laundry facilities
- Coffee and tea available at no charge
- Sense of community and support for all families
Who is eligible?
The Ronald McDonald Family Room serves families with children receiving treatment in intensive care units.
- Day use is automatically granted to all families of admitted patients that have spent at least one night in the hospital. To get started, have a family member stop by the Ronald McDonald Family Room and complete a short registration form.
- Overnight sleeping rooms can be requested by families and are coordinated through social work with priority given to families with a critically ill or injured child.
For questions about access and use, please talk with your child’s unit-based social worker, or call the social work department at 612-813-6138.