Ronald McDonald House in Minneapolis
Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota partners with Ronald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest to provide the Ronald McDonald House at Children’s – Minneapolis. This beautiful and spacious House is located on the third floor of the hospital and is the largest in-hospital facility in the Upper Midwest. Serving families with children receiving treatment in intensive care units, the House offers parents a place to rest and regroup just steps away from their child. Unique to this in-hospital program, there is no mileage requirement for families to access services at Ronald McDonald House.
Features of the Ronald McDonald House include:
- 15 Private rooms (including two suites), each with its own bathroom, TV and phone
- Private nap and shower rooms for day use
- Home-cooked dinners every night and brunch on Saturday and Sunday, all purchased, prepared and served by Cooks for Kids volunteers
- A help-yourself pantry for making breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Free wifi
- A relaxing lounge with a TV, fireplace and reading materials
- Laundry facilities
- An exercise area, computer lounge and patio
- A sense of community and support for all families
Who is eligible?
The House serves families with children receiving treatment in intensive care units.
- Day use is automatically granted to all families of patients in CVCC, ICC, NICU and PICU. To get started, have a family member stop by the Ronald McDonald House and complete a short registration form.
- Overnight sleeping rooms can be requested by families and are coordinated through social work.
For questions about access and use, please talk with your child’s unit-based social worker, or call the social work department at 612-813-6138.