24/7 referral, consult, admission and neonatal transport assistance.
Children’s Minnesota has the largest pediatric surgical services program in the region with the expertise to perform simple to highly complex surgical procedures for children of all ages. Children’s Minnesota is verified as a Level I Pediatric Surgery Center by the American College of Surgeons (ACS). Achieving Level I verification is the highest level of distinction for health systems that perform complex surgical procedures in newborns, children and teens.
- A full spectrum of inpatient surgery (excluding transplants) and outpatient surgery procedures, including:
- Cleft and craniofacial
- Dental, oral and maxillofacial
- In-utero fetal
- Vascular anomalies
- Minimally invasive surgery, robotic surgery, intra-operative MRI and InterStim® therapy
- Anesthesiologists with extensive training and experience in care of infants and children
- A pediatric surgeon in-house 24/7 (Minneapolis campus)
- A pre-surgery program that includes a tour and education to help children and their families learn about their upcoming surgery