24/7 referral, consult, admission and transport assistance.
As the busiest pediatric trauma center and the only free-standing Level I pediatric trauma center in the region, Children’s Minnesota Minneapolis campus provides care for children of all ages with injuries ranging from fractures and concussions to life-threatening head and abdominal injuries in a way no other trauma center can. From the moment an injured child is met in the Emergency Department, the trauma team works together to provide the best possible care to promote healing and recovery.
Children’s Minnesota St. Paul campus is a designated Level 4 trauma center, and provides trauma care to children in an effort to manage simple injuries and to expedite access to additional resources when necessary.
2020 Trauma Services Annual Report
From the moment an injured child is met in the emergency department, the trauma team works together to provide the best possible care to promote healing and recovery. In 2020, our trauma program continued to meet or exceed past volumes as children were still getting hurt and require our help. See our volumes, program highlights and more by downloading our 2020 Trauma Services Annual Report.
- Injuries related to:
- Falls from furniture or down stairs
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Recreational vehicle collisions (i.e., golf carts, ATVs, snowmobiles, jet skis)
- Playground falls and collisions
- Pedestrian-related collisions
- Bicycle collisions
- Farm injuries
- Athletic injuries
- Household-related injuries, including furniture tipovers, minor burns, and falls from windows
- Child abuse
- Dog and other animal bites
- Guns, knives, and other penetrating trauma
- Level I Pediatric Trauma Center dedicated solely to kids.
- A pediatric trauma surgeon in house on the Minneapolis campus 24/7
- Pediatric Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
- Pediatric injury prevention
- Pediatric emergency and trauma education
- Full spectrum of pediatric specialists for definitive trauma care, including:
- Trauma surgeons and advanced practice providers
- Emergency medicine physicians
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Plastic surgeons
- Midwest Children’s Resource Center (child abuse pediatricians)
- Pain and palliative care
- Trauma-trained nursing and ancillary staff
- Critical care
- Injury prevention (Making Safe Simple)
Refer a Patient to Children's Minnesota
Specialists tagged by:
No results match your search criteria